Early 1930's New Haven Horseshoe Mini Clock - Bakelite
For Sale is: (1) Early 1930's New Haven Horseshoe Mini Clock - Bakelite
PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING
Very rare miniature clock made out of Bakelite, which is an early form of plastic.
Bakelite was developed by Belgian chemist Leo Bakeland in 1907 in New York, and was one of the first plastics made from synthetic components. In fact, Bakelite was designated a National Historic Chemical landmark by the American Chemical Society in 1993 because of its significance as the world's first synthetic plastic. Bakelite was mostly used in heat insulators because of its electrical nonconductivity and heat-resistant properties. Telephone and radio casings were a common use, but kitchenware, jewelry, guns, and children's toys were also common. These products made with Bakelite are now considered especially collectible.
New Haven Clock Company was founded in 1956 as the Jerome Manufacturing Company, the largest clockmaker in the world. In 1956, Jerome Manufacturing Co. went bankrupt, and New Haven Clock Company took over. After several years of financial strife in the late 19th century, Walter C. Camp, who was then known as the "father of American football," took over and saved the company by modernizing prices and products, and including wristwatches in the line. This was an effective enough change to help the company stay afloat durng the Depression, but management troubles post World War II caused New Haven to fold by 1960.
Luckily, beautifully unique retro items like this miniature clock featuring a horseshoe surrounding the face will keep the memory of the New Haven Clock Company alive.
DIMENSIONS: 2 1/2" HEIGHT, 2 1/4" WIDTH (AT BASE), 3/4" DEPTH (AT BASE)
As is - As shown in pictures
Feel free to make your best offer!
- Height: 2 1/2 inches
- Width: 2 1/4 inches (at base)
- Depth: 3/4" inches (at base)
If you have any questions regarding this item or pricing, please feel free to contact us :)
Due to scammers, please be 100% sure of your purchase before buying, as we do not offer refunds. (excluding special circumstances, such as defects)
We are more than happy to provide any specific pictures, or answer any questions you have regarding our items :) All items are confirmed Authentic by one of our Master Watchmakers, and our appraisers before being listed for sale.
ALL INCLUDED ITEMS ARE IN PICTURES
If description states that something is included, but is not shown in the photo please contact us first before purchasing.
Do not assume anything is included that is not shown in pictures.
We claim no responsibility for possible inaccuracies in Original Manufacturers description.
Shipping & Returns
- For all international shipments we ship via FedEx International Priority
- Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. - The item value used on the customs declaration form will be the amount you paid not including shipping cost. We will not use a false or devalued amount on customs declaration forms. Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. are not included in the payment made to us; these are all the responsibility of the buyer to pay. A 30% fee and any associated return shipping expenses will be charged the buyer for an item that is returned/refused due to non-payment of duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. These will be deducted from any refund due.
- Please allow adequate time for your item to arrive before contacting us
- For items under 500$ we typically ship via Priority Mail USPS with signature
- For items over 500$ we typically ship via UPS with direct signature
- Defective items only
- Any item listed as parts or repair MAY NOT be returned, Please note: items designated "as is", or "as is, parts or repair" may have imperfections or damage. Buyer should not expect a refund for any items so designated. We will describe all items to the best of our ability and include pictures of items so you may see any imperfections.