Gorgeous Vintage Hinged Bangle in 14k Yellow Gold Snake Bracelet
This is a beautiful vintage bangle bracelet in 14k yellow gold featuring a a snake with ruby eyes. The snake is intertwined within himself and looks as though he is smiling. Snakes have appeared in jewelry from the ancient Egyptian times.
This appears to be an older piece but we cannot verify date.
As one of the oldest and most widespread mythological symbols, it’s
no wonder serpents (snakes) remain as popular in jewelry as they did
back in ancient Egyptian times. What makes this creature so intriguing
to mankind is its dual expression of good and evil, fertility and
rebirth, poison and medicine. Throughout time, different civilizations
have interpreted the serpent’s symbolism in different ways: the
Egyptians saw it represent royalty and deity; in Rabbinical tradition
and Hinduisim, the snake represents sexual passion and desire; while the
Romans interpreted the snake as a symbol of everlasting love.
The Victorian era incited the proliferation of snake jewelry after Prince Albert proposed to Queen Victoria with the very first engagement ring, which was in the image of a snake with an emerald-set head. For Victoria, the snake was an emblem of eternal love, making her betrothal ring the ultimate token of happily-ever-after. Peaking in the 1840s, the snake represented wisdom and eternity during this period and was a ubiquitous motif on rings, bracelets, brooches and necklaces.
This is a beautiful piece!
Inside diameter is approx. 6 1/2"
14k yellow gold
- Rubies approx. 1.9 mm
- Total weight is 11.8 grams
Please be 100% sure of your purchase before buying, as we do not offer refunds. We are more than happy to provide any specific pictures, or answer any questions you have regarding our items :) All jewelry is confirmed Authentic by our Jeweler before being listed for sale.
ALL INCLUDED ITEMS ARE IN PICTURES
If description states that something is included, but is not shown in the photo please contact us first before purchasing.
Do not assume anything is included that is not shown in pictures.
We claim no responsibility for possible inaccuracies in Original Manufacturers description.
- For all international shipments we ship via FedEx International Priority
- Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. - The item value used on the customs declaration form will be the amount you paid not including shipping cost. We will not use a false or devalued amount on customs declaration forms. Duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. are not included in the payment made to us; these are all the responsibility of the buyer to pay. A 30% fee and any associated return shipping expenses will be charged the buyer for an item that is returned/refused due to non-payment of duty, customs fees, tariffs, taxes, etc. These will be deducted from any refund due.
- Please allow adequate time for your item to arrive before contacting us
- For items under 500$ we ship via Priority Mail USPS with signature
- For items over 500$ we ship via UPS with direct signature
- Defective items only
- Any item listed as parts or repair MAY NOT be returned, Please note: items designated "as is, no returns" may be damaged. Buyer should not expect a refund for any items so designated